UNREGARDED YOUTH

These days, most teenagers are not respected, and are mainly thought to be criminals. They are UNREGARDED. A word i did not think even existed.

 2 days ago, i entered Superdrugs with 2 of my friends, with the intentions to look at the makeup, and to buy a few last minute halloween things. We all purchased items but when we left the store, the security scanner beeped. Me and my friends knew we hadn't stole anything so we walked away. Suddenly, the security guard came running after us and made us go back to the shop. The women who had exited the shop after us was looking at us like we were little ragamuffin thieves and had likely "tipped us off". The security guard made us walk through the scanners again and alas, nothing happened. He looked confused and told us that it was weird and said we could go. Simply, he had assumed we had stolen just because we were teenagers.

 A similar incident which has occurred multiple times (to myself and a huge number of people in my school) is being stopped before entering shops such as JD. Only two teenagers from a group are allowed in at the same time to prevent theft. This detracts from the whole basis of going, to look at trainers with your friends. Even when you do get in the store, your every movement is scrutinised by the security guard, this results in most people taking out their phone to prove that they do have money. During this time a real thief will have probably stolen £100's worth of items and has escaped with the goods.

 Nothing can be done, as most teens will still be expected to act like this. All we can do is share our experiences and wait for when we will be considered as respected members of soceity.

1 comments:

 

Twitter Updates

Meet The Author

Oh hey,
My name is Ella and I come from a little island located of the coast of Europe, otherwise known as the UK.
 For as long as i can remember, I have loved fashion and beauty. I have videos of me vlogging and doing makeup tutorials from when i was 8. It seems right for me to now have a Youtube channel and a little place to can rant if I feel the need to.

For business enquiry's, go to the appropriately named "contact me" section.